The iiko-Deliveroo direct integration will provide significant savings by making it easier and quicker for restaurants to process online delivery orders.
The integration will also help restaurants eliminate costly mistakes during the double handling and manual entry of online orders from Deliveroo to the POS system.
Restaurants who partner with Deliveroo can utilise iiko’s API to directly connect customer orders to their POS without the need for third party systems and fees. The receiving and processing of orders will be significantly reduced from 2.5 minutes to approx 30 seconds.
Deliveroo is a leading food company with over 6 million users and operates in over 100 towns and cities across the UK. The Deliveroo network allows restaurants of all kinds to offer home deliveries, no matter their size.
The iiko integration will help customers drive online and delivery revenue through the Deliveroo web and app platforms. No longer will restaurants need to deal with separate systems behind the counter or the additional work of manually re-entering delivery orders into their POS:
- Your customers can order food & beverage via the Deliveroo app or website
- These orders are instantly made available in the iiko system, to reduce order processing times and eliminate mistakes
- Accepted Deliveroo orders are automatically synchronised straight through to iiko kitchen display screens and/or printers
- All kitchen stages and order progress status are trackable within iiko
- The status information will be updated on Deliveroo for the customer to see order progress
- Once the order is ready, someone from the Deliveroo delivery team will pick up the order and deliver it
- Deliveroo transactional information is automatically synchronised to iikoWeb back office, accurate stock levels are updated in real-time
- Deliveroo orders are streamlined directly to integrated Xero accounts software
“Customers have an opportunity to join the rapidly growing online food delivery market,” commented Simon Dadswell, iiko Managing Director UK&I. “This is a completely new revenue stream for many businesses and the integration will improve the efficiency of in-house delivery operations. We are very excited to help customers increase their online delivery profits, whilst making the process as efficient as possible for their teams.”